I wanted to share one of my trusted, healthy breakfast recipes with you guys because it's so delicious and makes for a great meal prep. Also, I like to make a big batch of these frittatas and keep them in the fridge all week for Preston's breakfast or snack. Recipe is below!
6 eggs large
1 white onion medium
1/2 cup button or cremini mushroom diced
¼ cup of basil chopped
2 Tbsp avocado oil
2 Tbsp butter (or ghee)
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease or lightly spray the muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or butter.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are deeply golden
3. Transfer onions to a separate plate and add in mushrooms to the pan. Sautee until golden brown.
4. Whisk together the eggs in a large bowl. Stir in the onion and mushroom mixture. Divide the egg mixture evenly between the muffin cups.
5. Bake the frittatas until puffed and lightly golden on top; a skewer inserted in the center should come out clean, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes